098 20705 / 20400
00 353 98 20409
Below are some links that we hope you will find useful or interesting. These will help you to learn more about Achill and Co Mayo.
- Currane Community Web site
- The website for Currane people, at home and abroad. View old school photographs, local poetry, and recipes alongside news and details of the Fáilte Abhaile (Welcome Home) events.
- West Side Irish-American Club
- Based in Achill's twin city, Cleveland, the Club aims to preserve the city's rich Irish heritage. This site includes details of the Club's superb facilities, events and even an index of its extensive library of Irish literature and Ireland-related books.
- Mayo Society of Greater Cleveland
- The Society aims to promote cultural exchange between the peoples of the USA and Ireland, with a particular focus on Co. Mayo. This site includes details of the organisation's work along with reports and photos from its glamorous banquets and balls.
- Achill Island 24/7
- Site profiling the artists and writers who have lived and worked on Achill, along with extensive photo galleries and a daily poem.
- Mulranny Tourism
- Visitor website for Mulranny, neighbour to Achill. Read about attractions, things to do, events, accommodation and more.
- Dookinella Pipe Band
- Site dedicated to the Memorial Pipe Band Dookinella, one of Achill's many pipe bands. Includes history of the band (with archive photographs), details of the current band formation, news, and an extensive gallery of images of the band in action and band-related events.
- Comhlacht Forbartha Áitiúil Acla
- Comhlacht Forbartha Áitiúil Acla (Achill Local Development Company) is a group promoting the development of social, cultural and economic activies in the Parish of Achill, Co Mayo, Ireland. Their activities include the provision of training, operating the Cumarsáid Acla / Achill Community IT Centre, operating the rural transport initiative (Bus Acla) and the promotion of Irish language and culture through Coiste na Gaeilge.
- Scoil Acla Irish Music Summer School
- Official website for Scoil Acla, an annual Irish music and culture summer school held on Achill Island. Includes a history of the school (which dates back to 1919), programme for the forthcoming summer school, photo gallery and much, much more.
- Ballycroy National Park
- Ballycroy National Park comprises some 11,000 hectares of Atlantic blanket bog and mountainous terrain, covering a vast uninhabited and unspoilt wilderness dominated by the Nephin Beg mountain range. It includes a visitor centre located about 30km from Achill Sound.
- Birdwatch Mayo
- Our local Birdwatch Ireland branch details all recent sightings in the area as well as a comprehensive guide to the best birding spots on the island and surrounding areas. Birdwatch Mayo hold regular events in the area which are listed on their website.