Turasóireacht Acla CTR, or Achill Tourism CLG, is a limited company that was formally incorporated in 1998 to continue the work of preceding committees in promoting and developing Achill Island as a “Must See Now” visitor destination in Ireland.
Opening hours for our tourist information centre and shop at Davitt Quarter, Achill Sound:
9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Please note – office and shop are currently closed to the public. We are available by phone at the hours above.
We also operate an tourist information centre and shop at The Chalet, Keel, and Crazy Golf course, during summer months.
2020/2021 Membership Open
We are currently accepting new member applications for the forthcoming 2020-21 season. Scroll down this page for details of the benefits of membership, or please Contact the office with any inquiries. Existing members have been sent renewal forms; prospective members can download the membership form here.
Payment for membership can be made online via our Online Shop.
Support Our Work
If you would like to make a contribution to support our work in promoting Achill as a tourism destination, we have an online donation facility via PayPal:
We’re COVID-19 Safety Charter certified!
Both our visitor information offices and our Crazy Golf business have completed Failte Ireland’s COVID-19 Safety Charter certification. This initiative, backed by the Irish Government, is intended to demonstrate to visitors that the participating business is compliant to all current safety guidelines and that all staff have completed safety and hygiene control training. Look out for the logo below when visiting tourism businesses (or planning your visit):
Turasóireacht Acla is supported by the Community Services Programme (CSP) under the Department of Social Protection. It is affiliated to Ireland West Tourism and works closely with Fáilte Ireland West and Mayo Naturally. Membership of Achill Tourism is open to any business or enterprise that has an interest in the parish of Achill, which includes Achill Island and the Curraun Peninsula. Members who provide accommodation are encouraged to get Fáilte Ireland approval.
The services provided by Achill Tourism include:
- An information office at Achill Sound, which is open all year and provides fax, photocopying, laminating, printing, mail shot services and an events/activities ticket agency.
- A satellite office located within The Chalet restaurant building in Keel, open during summer months.
- Members can also display their literature in both tourist offices.
- A top-ranking website – www.achilltourism.com – which is being continually developed and optimised. This site had 150,000 visits and over 334,000 pageviews in 2019.
- A second website – www.visitachill.com – has been developed in four languages Irish, English, French and German.
- A facebook page – facebook.com/AmazingAchill with over 14,000 followers and updated daily.
- A twitter profile – twitter.com/achilltourism with over 5,000 followers and updated daily.
- An Instagram profile – instagram.com with over 4,500 followers.
- Group membership of VHI, Liberty and Aviva Health, entitling members to a 10% discount.
- Marketing and promotion of Achill Island as a tourist destination at trade fairs, in local and national newspapers and radio, television, and on Discover Ireland and Tourism Ireland websites.
- A large Nomadic stand for use at promotions.
- A more robust version of the stand is available to members for their own promotions.
- Festival and Activity promotions e.g. Achill Half Marathon & 10K, Scoil Acla, New Year’s Day Swim, village festivals, Achill Yawl Festival, Heinrich Boll Memorial Weekend, Battle for the Lake, etc.
- Promoting a large range of outdoor activities provided by members.
- Producing and distributing printed material, e.g. laminated walks maps/guides, map of Achill Island, the Members’ Directory, events brochures, calendar of events.
- Production of a DVD to promote and market Achill Island as an activity destination.
- Assist Fáilte Ireland during tour operators’ and journalists’ familiarisation trips to the region.
- Lobbying Mayo County Council, and Government to provide the infrastructure necessary to support tourism.
Achill Tourism is pleased to work in partnership with a number of Community Members.