Turasóireacht Acla CTR, or Achill Tourism CLG, is a limited company that was formally incorporated in 1998 to continue the work of preceding committees in promoting and developing Achill Island as a “Must See Now” visitor destination in Ireland.
Opening hours for our tourist information centre and shop at Davitt Quarter, Achill Sound (F28 W9N7):
10.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Saturday
We also operate a tourist information centre and shop at The Chalet, Keel, and at the old railway station on the Greenway in Mulranny, during summer months.
2021/2022 Membership Open
We are currently accepting new member applications for the forthcoming 2021-22 season. Scroll down this page for details of the benefits of membership, or please Contact the office with any inquiries. Existing members have been sent renewal forms; prospective members can download the membership form here.
Payment for membership can be made online via our Online Shop.
If you would like to make a contribution to support our work in promoting Achill as a tourism destination, we have an online donation facility via PayPal:
Turasóireacht Acla is supported by the Community Services Programme (CSP) under the Department of Social Protection. It is affiliated to Ireland West Tourism and works closely with Fáilte Ireland West and Mayo Naturally. Membership of Achill Tourism is open to any business or enterprise that has an interest in the parish of Achill, which includes Achill Island and the Curraun Peninsula. Members who provide accommodation are encouraged to get Fáilte Ireland approval.
Services provided by Achill Tourism include:
- An information office at Achill Sound, which is open all year and provides fax, photocopying, laminating, printing, mail shot services and an events/activities ticket agency.
- Satellite information centres located within The Chalet restaurant building in Keel, and the old railway station in Mulranny, open during summer months.
- Members can display their literature in all three tourist offices.
- A top-ranking website – www.achilltourism.com – which is being continually developed and optimised. This site had 149,000 visits and over 317,000 pageviews in 2021.
- A second website – www.visitachill.com – for use with Failte Ireland and which has been developed in four languages – Irish, English, French and German.
- A facebook page – facebook.com/AmazingAchill with over 17,300 followers and updated regularly.
- A twitter profile – twitter.com/achilltourism with over 5,500 followers and updated regularly.
- An Instagram profile – instagram.com/achill_tourism with over 6,800 followers and updated regularly.
- Marketing and promotion of Achill Island as a tourist destination at trade fairs, in local and national newspapers and radio, television, and on Discover Ireland and Tourism Ireland websites.
- Festival and Activity promotions e.g. Hearth & Community, Achill Half Marathon & 10K, Scoil Acla, New Year’s Day Swim, village festivals, Achill Yawl Festival, Heinrich Boll Memorial Weekend, Battle for the Lake, Tour de Achill, etc.
- Promoting a large range of outdoor activities provided by members.
- Producing and distributing printed material for visitors.
- Assist Fáilte Ireland during tour operators’ and journalists’ familiarisation trips to the region.
- Lobbying Mayo County Council, and Government to provide the infrastructure necessary to support tourism.