COVID-19 Information for Visitors to Achill
For full details of the Irish Govt.’s plans for recovery from COVID-19 restrictions, see Statement: The Path Ahead (last update 1st September).
The current restrictions allow:
- Inter-county travel permitted
- Outdoor organised events can take place with up to 200 people in attendance at most venues.
- Galleries, museums, libraries and cultural attractions can open
- Public transport to run at 75% capacity
- Personal services (hairdressers, barbers, beauticians) open by appointment
- Retail open in-store (including ‘non-essential’ retail)
From 6th September:
- Indoor events can take place with 60% of the venue’s maximum capacity, provided all the people attending are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 6 months. This includes live entertainment, indoor conferences, live music and indoor sporting events.
- Live music at weddings is allowed.
- Organised outdoor events can take place with a capacity limit of 75% where people attending are fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19. Where not all members of the audience are fully vaccinated or recovered, a capacity limit of 50% applies.
- Religious ceremonies can take place with 50% of the place of worship’s normal capacity.
- Coach tours can take place at 75% capacity.
From 20th September:
- Indoor group activities, like sports, art and dance classes, can take place with up to 100 people, provided everyone has been fully vaccinated or has recovered from COVID-19 in the past 6 months. Otherwise, pods of up to 6 people are allowed. The number of pods permitted depend on the size of the venue.
- Outdoor group activities can take place without restrictions. This does not include attendance at organised events (for example, an outdoor concert or sports match).
- In person attendance in offices and other places of work is permitted on a staggered basis.
From 22nd October (subject to public health advice):
- Vaccination or recovery certificates (for example, the EU COVID Digital Certificate) are no longer needed to go to an indoor restaurant, pub or other venue. You will still need them for international travel.
- You do not have to wear a face covering, except on public transport, in shops and in hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
- Restrictions on numbers that can attend events no longer apply, including weddings; indoor and outdoor events and activities; and
- Nightclubs can reopen.
COVID-19 SAFETY CHARTER
Please note that Achill Tourism’s two offices (in Achill Sound and Keel) plus our Crazy Golf business have all completed the Failte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter certification. Look out for this logo when planning your visits. More information.
COVID-19 Information & Resources