COVID-19 Information for Visitors to Achill
Ireland is currently at Level 5 of the Government’s National Framework for living with COVID-19.
The current restrictions include:
- Inter-county travel to resume
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 15 people
- Galleries, museums, libraries and cultural attractions can re-open
- Public transport to run at 50% capacity
- Personal services (hairdressers, barbers, beauticians) open by appointment
- Retail open in-store (including ‘non-essential’ retail)
From 2nd June (subject to public health situation at the time):
- Accommodation services (hotels, B&Bs, self-catering, hostels) can re-open but services must be restricted to overnight guests.
From 7th June (subject to public health situation at the time):
- Restaurants and bars – outdoor services can resume with groups limited to 6 people
- Gyms, swimming pools, leisure centres – Can reopen for individual training only
- Weddings – Maximum guests at reception increases to 25
Full Govt. announcement details: New public health measures announced: The Path Ahead
COVID-19 SAFETY CHARTER
Please note that Achill Tourism’s two offices (in Achill Sound and Keel) plus our Crazy Golf business have all completed the Failte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter certification. Look out for this logo when planning your visits. More information.
COVID-19 Information & Resources