COVID-19 Information for Visitors to Achill
As Ireland tackles the unprecedented public health emergency created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government has issued a series of recommendations for the public to follow. We implore all prospective visitors to Achill to observe these guidelines.
We are currently in Phase 1 of the state’s roadmap for re-opening. Key measures are:
- Stay At Home: Stay at home as much as you possibly can.
- Meeting Small Groups Outside: Up to 4 people who don’t live together can meet outdoors while keeping at least 2 metres apart.
- Outdoor Spaces Outdoor public amenities and tourism sites, such as carparks, beaches and mountain walks may reopen.
- Outdoor Sports Outdoor public sports amenities, like playing pitches, tennis courts and golf courses may reopen.
- Outdoor Sports Groups Outdoor sports and fitness activities in groups of no more than four are permitted within 5km of your home and providing there is no physical contact.
At this time, the following activities are among the range of sports permitted to resume:
- Pitch & Putt
- Outdoor equestrian sport
- Open Water Swimming
Information & Resources