- News Index
- Keem Voted Ireland’s Top Seaside Destination
- Plans Approved for Great Western Greenway Extension
- Achill Reopening Features on RTE Morning Ireland
- Keel Beach Retains Blue Flag for 32nd Year
- Failte Ireland Announces Guidelines for Re-Opening
- Keem Bay Sharks Video Goes Viral
- Achill Beaches Awarded Excellent Bathing Water Quality in Latest EPA Report
- New Product Launch from Artist Padraig McCaul
- Keem Bay Best Beach Destination When We Travel Again
- Achill Tourism COVID-19 Revamp Featured on RTE News
- Keem Bay in World’s Top Beaches
- Basking Shark at Keem Bay
- Events to Celebrate Achill’s Wildlife 2019
- Achill on RTÉ Getaways
- Dooagh Beach Disappears
- Two Awards for Achill Half Marathon
Keem Beach is Ireland’s Top Seaside Location
Achill’s Keem Bay has been voted Ireland’s favourte seaside location in a national poll asking about Irish people’s staycation plans. The iconic horseshoe cove and Blue Flag beach topped the poll with 14%, well ahead of other popular beach destinations including Saltill (10%), Bundoran (8%) and Kerry’s Inch beach (5%).
The research was carried out over the last five days for online lottery betting company Lottoland. In a poll of which region Irish people were most likely to visit, County Kerry came top ahead of Donegal and Galway, making the Wild Atlantic Way the destination of choice for staycations following the easing of lockdown restrictions.
This latest accolade comes 12 months after Keem Bay was ranked at number three in Conde Nast Traveller magazine’s 20 Best Beaches in the World and also at number 11 in a list of the 50 Best Beaches in the World by Big 7 Travel.