One day ticket for Hearth & Community events on Saturday 11th September 2021.
Events take place at Patten’s Bar, Derreens, starting at 10am. They include:
- Lecture By Michael Gibbons – “Archaeology and history of Achill Seaweed”
- Lecture / Demonstration By Natasha Daly – Ayurvedic Medicine
- Lecture By Michael Wade – “Food and fuel”
- Afternoon event: A showcase of local produce, re-enactment of a Fulacht Fiadh led by Eileen Davis. Cookery demonstrations, display of Maol cattle & beehive. Flotilla of Achill Yawls & performances by local musicians.
- Lecture By Dr Finbarr Bradley – “Eating communities; an international experience.”